Twilight by Stephanie Meyer

TwilightDespite Stephanie Meyer murdering the whole idea of vampires, I still found Twilight to be a pretty good book. It started off quite bad, but the characters and plot got better the further on I read. It even got to the point where I was worried or annoyed with the characters and couldn’t put the book down during some of the more important events.

I began reading the book last year, to see what all of the hype – and hate – was about. I stopped reading before reaching the second chapter, concluding that the next 23 would be the continuation of Bella whining about the weather. I had watched the movie, and thought that it was slightly better, but still not that great.

If you give the book a chance, you might find that it’s not as bad as you think, but you might still want to skip the first few chapters. The plot eventually reveals itself, being easy to follow, but quite simple. The characters’ relationships with each other end up being a little more complex than the overall story, making this a great book for teenage girls.

This book definitely isn’t for everyone, but I suggest reading it before making uninformed assumptions based on the movie, which I now believe to be inferior to the book.

I give this book 6/10.

B.O.